Chef, owner of 4Fourteen and guest judge on My Kitchen Rules, Colin Fassnidge, talks to Better Homes and Gardens about food, his favourite holiday destination and who he would invite to a dinner party.
1. What is your favourite food and why?
I do enjoy Asian flavours when I’m not cooking.
2. What are you passionate about?
Getting the most flavour out of food.
3. What is your favourite holiday destination?
In Australia, I do like visiting Far North Queensland and Tasmania. Outside of Australia, it’s got to be back to Ireland. I usually squeeze in a European trip in there as well.
4. Who inspires you the most?
My suppliers. With our ongoing talks and meetings, there are different surprises every day.
5. Who would you invite to a dinner party?
Dalai Lama, Bono, and my dad -just to watch the arguments they would all have.
6. What are you reading at the moment?
I'm actually watching Netflix at the moment.
7. Best advise you have ever received?
Don’t get too big for your boots!
8. Who are you following on Instagram or Twitter?
Dan Hong, Josh Niland and kitchen inspiration sites – I’m doing up the kitchen.
9. Favourite movie or television program?
House of cards, Star Wars, Jaws, and Goodfellas
10. If you had a super power, what would it be?
My Kitchen Rules continues Sunday 7.00pm and Monday-Wednesday 7.30pm on Channel Seven.