* 250g dried angel hair spaghetti
* 1 cup frozen peas
* 100ml extra virgin olive oil
* 8 rashers shortcut bacon, diced
* 1 red onion, thinly sliced
* 2 cloves garlic, crushed
* 1 long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
* 250g chicken mince
* Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
* 1 cup mint leaves, torn
* 20g parmesan, coarsely grated
* Extra mint leaves, to serve
* Extra parmesan, coarsely grated, to serve
* Extra long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped, to serve
Cook spaghetti following packet instructions. Add peas 1 minute before spaghetti is cooked. Drain and return to saucepan. Set aside.
Meanwhile, put oil, bacon, onion, garlic and chilli into a large non-stick frying pan over high heat and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until bacon begins to crisp at the edges. Transfer to a plate and set aside. Add chicken mince to same pan and cook, breaking up mince with a flat-bottomed wooden spoon, for 5 minutes or until cooked through. Season. Stir mince into spaghetti along with bacon mix, mint and parmesan.
Serve spaghetti topped with extra mint, parmesan and chilli.