What to plant in May in Australia
Flowers to plant in May
Flowers to plant in all zones of Australia
Flowers to plant in zones 1-3 in Australia
Flowers to plant in zones 4-6 in Australia
Vegetables to plant in May
Vegetables to plant in all zones of Australia
Vegetables to plant in zones 1-3 in Australia
- Artichoke (globe and Jerusalem)
- Sweet corn
Vegetables to plant in zones 4-6 in Australia
What should I do in my garden in May?
- Clean up fruit trees and destroy any rotting fruit.
- Prepare spots for planting bare root roses and deciduous trees over winter.
- Plant broad beans into unused vegetable beds to be dug in when mature as a green manure crop.
- Clean algae from paths and steps to prevent accidental slilps over winter.
- Cut back perennials such a sedums, gauras and asters that are looking unruly following summer-autumn flowering.
You may also like: