• 400 gram can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
• 1/4 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
• 1/4 cup lemon juice
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1 clove of garlic, minced
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon paprika
• 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
• 2 - 3 teaspoons olive oil (optional)
• 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts and/or paprika (optional)
In a blender or food processor combine first seven ingredients (through paprika).
Cover and blend or process until smooth, stopping to scrape container as needed.
Spoon hummus onto a serving platter. Sprinkle with parsley. If desired, drizzle with oil and sprinkle with pine nuts and/or paprika. Serve with pita wedges, tortilla chips, and/or vegetable dippers.