• 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
• 2 small zucchini, coarsely grated
• 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
• 1/4 bunch mint, leaves torn
• 1/2 cup self-raising flour
• 2 tsp curry powder
• 2 eggs
• 1/4 cup milk
• Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
• 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 1/2 cup Greek-style yoghurt
• 1/4 cup tahini
• Coriander leaves, to garnish
Combine chickpeas, zucchini, onion and mint in a large bowl. Set aside.
Sift flour and curry powder into a second large bowl, then add eggs and milk. Stir to combine. Add batter to chickpea mixture and stir until smooth. Season.
Heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Form . cup patties of chickpea mixture and cook, in batches, for 2 minutes on each side or until set.
Meanwhile, put yoghurt and tahini in a serving bowl and swirl together. Top with coriander leaves. Serve fritters with yoghurt tahini mixture.