What inspired your project?
I was sick of looking at all the charging cords on my kitchen bench and decided I wanted to find a way to hide them.
Have you made many things before?
I’m always creating new things, and have been slowly making our house a home over time. Some of my projects include a bedroom makeover, shelving units and a backyard patio.
What kind of look were you after?
I wanted to create something to fit in with the rest of our house and decor. So it had to be modern, and have a beach house, coastal feel.
The biggest challenge was definitely making the holes the right size for the cords to come through on the top.
Talk us through the process
- Purchased Kmart bread box.
- Marked and cut out a hole on the back of the box for the power point.
- Drilled a couple of holes on the top for the wireless charging dock and Google Home.
- Created height by attaching a wooden box to the unit.
- Plugged in a multiple USB plug.
How much did you spend?
The timber I used was recycled, so I just had to purchase the bread box for $15.
You may also like