Synthetic duvet cleaning
- Wash in a large machine on a normal spin cycle at 60 degrees Celsius, or as high as the care label says.
- Dry in the tumble dryer, or direct sunlight outside in summer
A feather duvet can be cleaned one of two ways, check the care label for suggestions
- Dry cleaning by a professional service
- Partially fill a bathtub with hot water and dissolve a mild detergent into it.
- Submerge the duvet into the water, squeezing to work the water through every part of the duvet
- Drain the bath and repeat the process, sans detergent, to rinse
- Gently roll the duvet up to wring out excess water before removing it from the bath
- Lay flat in direct sunlight on a warm day to dry, which can take up to 48 hours
- If you have a large tumble dryer, 15 minutes or so when almost dry to fluff up the feathers will work nicely
You might also like:
Looking for some bedroom inspiration? Watch the video below.