• 1 ripe pineapple
• Cooking oil spray, to grease
• ¼ bunch mint, leaves picked, plus extra to garnish
• Pinch dried chilli flakes
• ½ cup raw caster sugar
• 2 cups quark (see Cook’s tips)
• 1 Tbsp icing sugar mixture
• 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
• 2 Tbsp honey
Preheat a barbecue grill plate to high. Cut pineapple in thin wedges lengthways, with skin on. Remove core and spray wedges with oil. Grill each cut side for 4 minutes or until lightly charred.
Meanwhile, use mortar and pestle to pound mint, chilli and caster sugar until fine. Set aside. Mix quark, icing sugar and vanilla in a bowl until smooth. Drizzle honey, stirring a little to marble.
Arrange pineapple on serving plates, scatter with mint sugar and top with a spoonful of quark mixture. Garnish with extra mint and serve remaining quark mixture on the side.