• Cooking oil spray, to grease
• ½ cup soft and juicy dried figs, thinly sliced
• ¼ cup glacé ginger, finely chopped
• 1 Tbsp dark rum
• ½ cup white chocolate melts, melted
• 1L vanilla ice-cream, softened
• 100g shortbread biscuits, finely chopped
• 100g dark chocolate, melted, to drizzle
• Raspberries, to decorate
• White chocolate shards and grated white chocolate, to decorate
Grease four 1¼ cup-capacity freezer-safe ramekins or 7 x 7cm round cake tins with oil. Line base and side of tins or ramekins with plastic wrap.
Put figs and ginger in a large heatproof bowl. Put dark rum in a small saucepan over a medium heat and bring to a simmer. Pour hot rum over figs and ginger. Set aside for 30 minutes to cool to room temperature.
Fold melted white chocolate into ice-cream (the white chocolate will set in small speckled pieces), then fold in biscuits, cooled fig and ginger mixture, along with bowl juices. Spoon ice-cream mixture into prepared tins and freeze overnight.
Turn out ice-cream onto serving plates and drizzle with dark chocolate. Serve decorated with raspberries and white chocolate.
- Allow 30 minutes cooling and overnight freezing.
You might also like: