Things to cull
If you’re sorting through household clutter, these should be some of the first unnecessary things to do.
- Mass-produced figurines
- Souvenir products
- Dining suite furniture (unless an original designer piece)
- Lounge suite (Unless an original designer piece)
- Napkin rings
- Cheap crystal bowls and glasses
- China sets
- Clothes/shoes (unless mint-condition designer pieces)
- Stuffed toys
Things to keep
If you’re looking for items that might be worth something to the right buyer or collector, these are the things to look out for.
- Military medals
- Statement pieces of furniture or décor such as Murano glass, signed art and designer or iconic pieces of furniture.
- Jewellery from the Victorian era, 1920s and pieces with real diamonds.
- Collectible bank notes and coins from the old days
- Stamps from the old days
- 19th century quilts
- Pokemon Cards
- Old cameras
- Original furbies
- First editions of classic/iconic books
- Records in mint condition
You might also like: