• 175g unsalted butter, chopped, softened
• 3 cups icing sugar mixture
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• 2 Tbsp milk
• Green, red and purple gel food colouring
• 24 medium-size chocolate-chip cookies
• Chocolate chips, to decorate
• Large marshmallows, to decorate
• Coloured chocolate buttons, to decorate
• Licorice straps, to decorate
Put butter and 1/2 of the sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on medium, using paddle attachment, for 5 minutes or until very light. Add remaining sugar and vanilla, then increase speed to high and beat for a further 3 minutes. Pour in milk and beat for 2 minutes. Divide mixture among 3 bowls.
Tint each portion with a gel colour. Sandwich pairs of cookies together with coloured icing, with 1 side slightly open like a clam shell. Spread or pipe a little of another coloured icing on top. Decorate with chocolate chips, large marshmallows, coloured chocolate buttons and licorice straps. Serve.
Looking for kitchenware gift ideas? Take a look at our Baking Essentials collection.