• 1 hot whole roast barbecue chicken
• 1 bunch Chinese broccoli, halved
• 150g sugar snaps, trimmed
• 150g snow peas, trimmed
• 2 Tbsp peanut oil
• 1 tsp sesame oil
• 1/3 cup oyster sauce, warmed
• Steamed rice, to serve
• 1/4 cup maple syrup
• 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
• 1/2 cup char siu sauce
• 2 star anise
• 1/2 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
To make glaze, put all ingredients in a small saucepan over a low heat, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Simmer for 5 minutes or until a glaze forms. Set aside.
Cut chicken into 8 pieces and brush with glaze.
Steam vegetables for 2 minutes, then transfer to a serving platter. Pour oils into a small saucepan over medium heat and cook for 1 minute or until hot.
Serve glazed chicken with greens and steamed rice.