• 2 cups vegetable stock
• 1 cup pearl couscous
• ¹⁄³ cup extra virgin olive oil
• 2 tsp pomegranate molasses
• Pinch of ground allspice
• Juice of 1 lemon
• ½ cup pine nuts, toasted
• ¼ cup pistachios, toasted
• ½ bunch mint, leaves picked
• 2 spring onions, finely sliced
• 1 pomegranate, seeded
• Extra mint leaves, to serve
Put stock in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil. Add couscous and cook for 8 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Stir in ½ the oil and set aside for 10 minutes or until cooled to room temperature.
Meanwhile, to make dressing, combine molasses, allspice, lemon juice and remaining oil in a small bowl.
Stir nuts, mint and spring onion into couscous. Fold in dressing, then serve couscous topped with pomegranate seeds and extra mint leaves.