2 x 250g packets plain sweet biscuits
125g unsalted butter, melted
500g block full-cream cream cheese, at room temperature
395g can sweetened condensed milk
2 Tbsp caster sugar
Finely grated zest of 2 oranges
¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1½ tsp vanilla paste
Mixed berries, to serve
Crush biscuits into a fine crumb, then mix with melted butter. Press into side and base of a fluted 25cm quiche pan with a removable base. Refrigerate until completely firm.
Slice cheeks off 1 mango, then scoop out flesh and slice finely. Arrange on biscuit base. Return to fridge.
Put cream cheese, condensed milk, sugar, zest, lemon juice and vanilla paste in a bowl, then beat well, until completely smooth. Spoon over mango, flatten neatly, then chill until set.
Take cheeks off remaining mangoes, scoop out flesh and slice finely. Roll up sets of mango to make circles of various sizes. Arrange these on top of the tart, scatter over mixed berries and serve.
Tips for storing mangoes
- Mangoes can ripen if they are a little hard when you buy them, but they will not ripen in the fridge.
- To slowly ripen mangoes, store at room temperature but out of the sun. This usually takes 1-3 days.
- To speed up ripening, put mangoes in a paper bag. This may happen as quickly as overnight.
- Ripe mangoes should be stored in the fridge to prevent over-ripening and can last in there for up to 5 days.
- Mangoes have more flavour at room temperature, so take them out of the fridge an hour before eating.
- Excess mango can be diced or puréed and then frozen for up to six months.
You might also like: