- Collect any leftover coffee grounds, egg shells and banana peels from your kitchen.
- Cut the banana peels in chunky squares.
- Wash and dry out egg shells, then break them into smaller pieces.
- Pop all three ingredients into a food blender or processor and blend until the mixture is soil-like.
- Spread over the soil in your pot plants or garden.
Why it works:
According to How Stuff Works, banana peels are filled with potassium which helps plants produce flowers and fruit. Coffee grounds contain nitrogen, calcium, copper and potassium, caffeine by-products that benefit plants, and egg shells are high in calcium.
You might also like: