WHAT YOU NEED:
- Renoir 16 x 20 inch canvas
- Uni Pro 50mm bristle varnish brush
- Leni 75ml Fuchsia Decorator Acrylics Matt Paint
- Leni 75ml Classic White Decorator Acrylics Matt Paint
- Leni 250ml Clear Satin Varnish
- Little Ripper roller set 100mm
- Monarch paint tray 100mm
PLANT AND POT USED FOR STYLING:
- Scheurich glazed pot in white 16 x 13 cm
- Ornithogalam 140mm ‘White Princess’
Place canvas onto a drop cloth or old sheet. Squeeze out a liberal amount of both White and Fuchsia (or contrasting colours of your choice) acrylic paint onto a palette or piece of scrap plastic.
Starting with Fuchsia paint, apply a liberal amount to the brush and work across the canvas horizontally Dip the brush into Fuchsia again then add a little White and work across horizontally again just above the previous line of straight Fuchsia, blending as you go to create a slightly lighter shade.
Continue adding more and more White to the mix as you work your way up the canvas, continuing to blend as you go. Don’t forget to include the sides of the canvas if you want that ‘wrap around’ effect.
When you’ve nearly reached the top, wash out your brush completely and dry. Dip the brush into the White only and paint the very top of the canvas, blending down into the pale pick. If you have trouble blending at any time or find the paint is drying too quickly, use a little water to even out the blending effect.