To help you choose a suitable evaporative cooler for your space, we spoke to some experts to tell us exactly what to look out for.
Peter Harris, General Manager at Bing Lee said to look out for:
- Power consumption: Ensuring the power consumption is low, will make for energy efficient living and help with keep costs down and the air cool, investing in a device with a timer will also help monitor energy consumption.
- Detachable water tank: A detachable water tank makes for ease of filling and changing over water, ensuring the cool air being produce is always fresh.
- Oscillating louver: Ensuring your device has an oscillating louver will assist in generating even airflow throughout the space.
While Bunnings National Electrical Buyer, John Campbell, said to consider:
- Cooling room size: Consider the size of the space you’re looking to cool and make sure the cooler you purchase suits this. Generally, a standard size cooler can cover between 25 to 35 square metres.
- Water capacity: The larger the capacity of your cooler the less you’ll need to regularly refill it.
- Sound: Make sure the cooler you choose creates minimal noise when in use.
- Ice: Check whether the cooler has the option to add ice as this will help lower the temperature of your space.
Shop now at Kogan
This unit consumes only 100 watts of power and includes an automatic shut-off timer.
Shop now at Myer
Using only 60 watts of power, this 3.5L evaporative cooler will help you save on energy while you keep cool.
Shop now at Kogan
This evaporative cooler has both a detachable water tank and oscillating louvers to ensure faster air cooling and wider air reach.
Shop now at Catch.com.au
Shop now at The Good Guys
Perfect for the bedroom, the De'Longhi 4.5L white evaporative cooler silently cools the air when on sleep mode.
Shop now at Matt Blatt
Coolers like this one which have the option to add ice are great as the addition will help lower the temperature of your space.
Shop now at Mitre 10
This large cooler is designed to cool areas up to 250m³ and ideal for workshops, garages, showrooms or outdoor use in an entertaining area at home or at functions and events.
You might also like: