What you’ll need:
- A large tank
- An LED over-tank light
- A little bit of underwater plant knowledge
- Aquatic plant substrate
- Decorative landscaping objects
Plants that can grow underwater:
- Amazon sword
- Anubias nana
- Java fern
- Java moss
- Dwarf baby tears
- Water wisteria
- Rotala Indica
- Ludwigia repens
How to arrange your aquascape
- Start by pouring a layer of aquatic plant substrate, such as Flourite Dark premium natural substrate for the planted aquarium, in the bottle of your tank, enough to root the plants in.
- Use a ‘carpet’ plant as your base – something than can grow across the bottom of the tank like a seagrass or moss.
- Add decorative objects that will create a ‘landscape’, such as driftwood, rocks, pebbles or sculpture that won’t suffer any chemical changes underwater.
- Plant large, colourful and bold aquatic plants around your landscape.
- Place an LED light above your tank to ensure the plants get enough light.
You might also like:
Looking for some indoor plants that will thrive on neglect? Watch the video below.