The Melbourne International Flower and Garden Show has returned to the heritage-listed Carlton Gardens from Wednesday 29th March to Sunday 2nd April 2023.
WATCH: Take a tour of the Melbourne International Flower & Garden Show
The five-day highly-coveted festival will unite plant and flower lovers with its bespoke floral and landscape designs, educational talks from industry elites, hands-on workshops, and a catalogue of the latest and greatest gardening products.
Highlights to add to your itinerary:
- Show garden displays from BHG's own Charlie Albone and Dublin’s Peter Donegan.
- A new $60 Brush & Bubbles workshop where you can learn some basic painting with a glass of wine in hand.
- For brides-to-be, a dedicated wedding showcase.
- A flower market inside the Royal Exhibition Building, so you can purchase your own blooms to arrange at home.
- Stunning flower displays from Victoria’s leading florists and floral designers.
- Heading to the show at night? Gardens by Twilight will be on until 9pm on Friday 31st March which will see Carlton Gardens transformed into a twinkling paradise with Melbourne musicians, fine wines and gourmet bites.
- Educational talks from celebrity landscapers and the industry's elites on the Main Stage.
- If indoor plants or succulents are more up your alley, be sure to book a workshop with Scotts Osmocote.
Is there food at the Melbourne Flower Show?
There will be food available at the show spread sporadically across Carlton Gardens and the Royal Exhibition Building. Think hot chips, bubbles and coffee from Sensory Lab.
But for those wanting to treat themselves, there will be a luxury high tea where you can sit back and relax with a cuppa or a glass of sparkling wine.
Location: Royal Exhibition Building and Carlton Gardens
Dates & Times:
- Wednesday 29th March, 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Thursday 30th March, 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Friday 31st March (Gardens by Twilight), 9:00am - 9:00pm
- Saturday 1st April, 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Sunday 2nd April, 9:00am - 5:00pm
Revealed! Charlie Albone's winning garden
The prestigious City of Melbourne Award of Excellence for Best in Show was awarded to Charlie Albone of Inspired Exteriors for his Show Garden, “The Container Garden”. A homage to outdoor living featuring two recycled shipping containers and an upstairs terrace, Charlie’s display was also recognised with a Gold Show Garden Award and the Horticultural Media Association Award for best use of plant life.
You might also like
11 gardening gifts for Dad
Eight best grow lights to keep your indoor plants thriving
13 of the best house plants