So how can you find more room?
Here are five simple ways to make your wardrobe work harder, so you can make the most of your space.
1. Don’t limit under shelf baskets to your kitchen cupboards. Store clothes and accessories in hanging baskets on your shelves and you’ll double the space available.
Try this wire under shelf basket from Kmart.
2. Make the most of the space at the bottom of your wardrobe and store your shoes on stacked shelves. You can easily stack them so they fit snuggly under shirts and jackets.
Try this Tjusig shoe rack from Ikea.
3. Shelf dividers will maximise the space available on your shelves. Use them to keep stacks of knits and bags upright and organised.
Try these shelf dividers from Howards Storage World.
4. Make the most of any empty wall space in your wardrobe. It might be inside the door, above the door or next to the mirror. Hang a hook or row of hooks and you’ll have instant hanging space that’s perfect for belts, handbags, scarves and necklaces.
Try these wooden coat hooks from Kmart.
5. Add an extender rail in your wardrobe and get more hanging space.
Try this aluminium extenda rail from Bunnings.