• 10 cavolo nero kale leaves
• 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
• 1⁄4 red cabbage
• 1⁄4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
• 2 Tbsp finely chopped dill
• 3 green shallots, thinly sliced
• 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
• Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
• 2 Tbsp flaked almonds, toasted
• Store-bought coleslaw dressing, to serve
Remove kale leaves from stem, roll up and finely slice. Add to a large bowl along with carrot, cabbage, parsley, dill and shallots. Drizzle over oil, lemon zest and juice. Toss well to combine, then season with salt and pepper.
Scatter flaked almonds over slaw and serve with coleslaw dressing on the side.