This method of sprouting can work for:
- Mung beans
- Black beans
- Pumpkin seeds
- Radish seeds
- Sesame seeds
- Brown rice
What you need:
1. A reasonably large mason jar
2. A square cutting of cotton cheesecloth big enough to cover the opening of the jar
3. A rubber band to secure the cloth firmly over the mouth of the jar
4. Fresh beans
How to sprout almost any bean in 10 easy steps
- Wash all beans thoroughly before putting them in the jar.
- Put half a cup of beans in the jar.
- Fill jar with enough water to cover the beans, plus just a little bit more.
- Hold the cheesecloth over the opening of the jar and firmly secure with a rubber band.
- Soak beans for 12 hours.
- Pour water out of jar through the cheesecloth.
- Leave the jar of moist beans in a warm spot indoors out of direct sunlight.
- Rinse the beans with water twice a day, every day, ensuring you only rinse, and pour out excess water immediately.
- Your beans should sprout in two to four days!
- They can be refrigerated for two to three days.
- Rinse thoroughly before consumption.
You might also like: