• 1 Tbsp olive oil
• 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
• 2 rashers gluten-free rindless bacon, diced
• 1 small red capsicum, deseeded, finely diced
• 1½ cups gluten-free self-raising flour
• ½ cup quinoa flour
• 1½ tsp xanthan gum
• 2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
• 125g tasty cheese, grated
• ½ cup milk
• 1 egg
• ¼ cup Anathoth Farm tomato relish
• Extra ½ cup tasty cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a 12-hole (¹⁄³-cup capacity) muffin tin with paper cases or square pieces of baking paper. Put oil in a medium frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion, bacon and capsicum. Cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and let cool slightly.
Add flours, xanthan gum, baking powder and cheese. Stir until combined. Put milk, egg and relish in a large jug. Whisk to combine, then add to flour mixture. Stir until just combined. Spoon into paper cases and sprinkle over extra cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through when tested with a skewer. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve.
Click here for 'The gluten-free pantry'