Tasmanian grown, the Zara variety has been expertly crafted through tried-and-true cross-pollination techniques, ensuring a consistently superior fruit. It took a team of agronomists, breeders, sensory analysts, plant health scientists and entomologists to help produce a berry this good.
The Sweetest Batch Strawberry is ideal for entertaining (try this three-ingredient strawberry mousse), or enjoying as a healthy snack or place on top of yoghurt and musli for breakfast.
Here are 16 more mouth-watering ways to use strawberries this summer.
Where to find the Sweetest Batch Zara Strawberries
- Available in select Coles, Woolworths and independent supermarkets Australia-wide
- Punnet size: 300g and 350g
- In season from mid-January 2023
- RRP will fluctuate depending on supply due to the limited number of the Zara variety planted
How to grow sweeter strawberries at home
There are many strawberry varieties available to grow at home. But if it's sweet you want, then The Alpine Strawberry (Fragaria vesca) is one of the sweetest fruits you can grow.
Alpine strawberries are much smaller than your standard varieties, but what they lack in size, they make up for in flavour.
How to harvest strawberries
- As hard as it might be, resist the urge to pick your strawberries too early. They won't keep ripening once they are off the vine. So wait until they are nice and red and juicy.
- Once ready, use scissors to cut the vine's stem, so you don't damage your strawberries.
- It's been said that picking strawberries in the cool morning and refrigerating straight after is the best way to retain flavour.
You might also like: