1. You walk into a homewares store and immediately zoom in on cushions with seaside, fish or boating motifs. Or when abstract sea art, in bright and breezy colours, speaks to your soul.
2. You’re drawn to turquoise decorative elements or a mirror frame made entirely of sea-washed driftwood.
3. When a beachcomber’s straw hat and beach towels take on a decorative role in your home.
4. You’ve allocated a portion of your reno budget for a display niche in your bathroom to showcase shells, coral and sea-washed glass bottles among other, more practical items.
5. You use a shell - big or small - as a pot plant container to grow succulents. Or, you use a collective of smaller shells as decorative mulch.
6. A nautical-inspired staircase with vintage-look numbered risers in crisp white and navy lifts your spirit sky high.
7. When a collective of jars and bottles containing nothing more than grains of sand from holidays is your idea of a striking vignette.