• 80ml light extra virgin olive oil
• 2 brown onions, cut into rings
• 175g Homemade Massaman Curry Paste (see recipe here)
• 400ml coconut cream
• 6 free-range chicken Marylands, cut in half
• 2 Tbsp fish sauce
• 500ml water
• ²⁄³ cup sultanas
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3cm chunks (you need about 700g)
• Extra fish sauce, to season
• Steamed rice, to serve
• Coriander leaves, to serve
Heat oil in a large frying pan and cook onions over a medium heat for 10 minutes or until golden and crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel and set aside to drain.
Add curry paste and ½ of the coconut cream to same pan and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add chicken, fish sauce and water. Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
Stir in sultanas, lemon juice, sweet potato and remaining coconut cream. Simmer for a further 15 minutes or until sweet potato is cooked. Season with fish sauce.
Serve curry with fried onions, rice and topped with coriander leaves.