• 1.8kg chicken, cut into 8 pieces
• 4 Dutch cream potatoes, peeled, cut into 5mm-thick rounds
• 1 fennel, trimmed, cut into wedges
• Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
• 2 Tbsp Greek dried oregano
• 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
• Juice of 2 lemons
• 2 large tomatoes, coarsely grated
• 100ml extra virgin olive oil
• 120ml water
• Pan-fried rainbow chard (or silverbeet), to serve
• Crusty bread, to serve
Tip! Scatter over finely chopped parsley and sliced Sicilian olives for extra zing.
Preheat oven to 220°C. Put chicken, potatoes and fennel in a large roasting pan. Season.
Combine oregano, garlic, lemon juice, tomatoes and oil in a bowl. Pour over chicken and vegetables and toss until well combined.
Arrange chicken pieces skin side up. Pour water into corner of pan and roast for 40 minutes, basting twice during cooking, and adding more water to pan if necessary. Stir chicken and vegetables and cook for a further 30 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Serve with chard and crusty bread.