Non-stick cookware has a reputation for being high-maintenance, but a little care will go a long way to keeping it in top condition.
The two biggest rules to follow?
Never wash non-stick pans in a dishwasher, and always season the surface before using.
Follow these simple steps and you'll have great cookware for years to come.
How to clean a non-stick pan
1. First, allow the pan to cool down.
2. Using detergent and a sponge or plastic brush, gently clean the surface of the pan. Don’t use an abrasive cleaner as it can damage the coating of the non-stick surface.
3. Gently clean around the outside of the pan, too, and rinse.
4. To clean any burnt spots, make a paste with a little salt and gently wash.
5. When the pan is dry, season it by wiping the surface with a little vegetable oil. Use a paper towel to rub it in and remove excess oil.
You might also like: