• 4 tsp corn our
• 1⁄3 cup shaoxing wine
• 1⁄3 cup honey
• 1 clove garlic, finely grated
• 1 tsp sesame oil
• 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
• 800g medium green prawns, peeled, deveined, tails intact
• 1 red onion, diced
• 1 yellow capsicum, cut into
• 2cm pieces 100g snow peas, halved crosswise
• 1⁄2 bunch garlic chives, cut into 3cm lengths
• 2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
• Thai basil leaves, to serve
Combine cornflour, shaoxing wine, honey, garlic and sesame oil in a small bowl and set aside.
Heat wok over a high heat. When starting to smoke, add 2 tsp vegetable oil and swirl pan to coat. Stir-fry 1⁄3 prawns for 2 minutes
or until pink and almost cooked through. Transfer to a large bowl. Repeat for another 2 batches. If necessary, carefully wipe wok clean with paper towel in between batches, before adding oil.
Add remaining oil to wok over a high heat. Swirl to coat, then add onion and capsicum and stir-fry for 1 minute or until onion starts to soften. Add snow peas and stir-fry for 30 seconds or until snow peas are almost tender.
Return prawns to wok with cornflour mixture and stir-fry for 1 minute or until heated through and sauce is thick. Stir in garlic chives and half the sesame seeds. Serve immediately topped with Thai basil and remaining sesame seeds.