Packed with immune boosters garlic, onion and ginger, this dish will help you fight off colds as the temperature drops.
• 800g skinless, boneless rockling (or blue-eye trevalla) fillets, cut into 5cm chunks
• 1 Tbsp sea-salt flakes
• 10 grinds black pepper
• 2 tsp ground turmeric
• 2 tsp mild curry powder
• 2 tsp ground cumin
• 2 tsp ground coriander
• 150g plain yoghurt
• 80ml grapeseed oil
• 2 brown onions, finely sliced
• 6 cloves garlic, smashed
• 100g ginger, peeled, cut into matchsticks
• 3 tomatoes, roughly chopped
• Handful celery leaves
• 2 handfuls green beans, roughly chopped
• Juice of 1 lime
• Steamed rice, to serve
• Handful coriander leaves, to garnish
Put fish in a large bowl. Add salt, pepper and spices, tossing to coat fish. Stir in yoghurt and set aside at room temperature for 20 minutes to marinate.
Heat oil in a wide-based frying pan over a medium heat. Add onions, garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until golden. Add fish mixture, tomatoes, celery leaves and 250ml water. Bring to a simmer, then add beans and cook for 20 minutes. Stir in lime juice. To serve, put rice in serving bowls with curry. Garnish with coriander leaves.