Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 1 hour 50 minutes
• 6 skinless chicken thigh cutlets
• 3 carrots, peeled, sliced into 1cm‐thick rounds
• 2 sticks celery, stalks thinly sliced, leaves roughly chopped
• 1 brown onion, finely chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, smashed, plus extra
• 1 clove, finely grated
• 10 black peppercorns
• 4 sprigs at‐leaf parsley, plus extra leaves, to garnish
• 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
• 1 handful baby spinach, shredded
• Sea‐salt akes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
• 1⁄4 cup watercress sprigs
• 1⁄2 long red chilli, thinly sliced (optional)
• Lemon wedges, to serve
Step 1 Arrange chicken in a large heavy-based saucepan.
Step 2 Add carrots, celery, onion, garlic, peppercorns, parsley sprigs and apple cider vinegar.
Step 3 Fill with water until level is 3cm above ingredients. Put lid on and bring to a simmer over a medium heat. STEP 4 Reduce heat to low and simmer gently for 11⁄2 hours.
Step 5 Remove pan from heat. Remove chicken from pan and set aside on a plate for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
Step 6 When cool enough to handle, shred meat off bones. Return pan to heat and add shredded meat to stock mixture. Stir through spinach and extra garlic and season.
Step 7 Ladle soup into serving bowls and top with extra parsley, watercress and chilli (optional). Serve with lemon wedges on the side.