There are countless ways it can be used in the home as a fix-all and cure-all. Here are 16 clever ways to use it.
1. Clean pots and pans by making a paste with equal parts salt, flour and a little ACV.
2. Banish dandruff by diluting two parts water to one part ACV and use it to rinse your hair and scalp.
3. Clean your washing machine by adding two cups of ACV to an empty cycle.
4. Get rid of garlic smells by washing your hands with ACV.
5. Soothe sunburn by adding a cup of ACV to your bath.
6. Remove warts by soaking a cotton ball in ACV and applying it directly to the wart. Cover with a bandage and leave on overnight. Repeat until the wart falls off.
7. Prevent spots on wine glasses by adding a quarter of a cup of ACV to your dishwasher rinse cycle.
8. Clean your toilet by pouring some ACV in it and leaving overnight. Simply scrub the next day.
9. Remove musty odours from your clothes by adding one cup of ACV to the wish cycle of your washing machine.
10. Remove ink stains from walls and floors with full strength ACV. Apply with a cloth directly to the stain and wipe.
11. Eliminate yellow clothing stains with a 12:1 ratio of warm water to ACV. Allow to soak overnight, then wash as usual.
12. Clean your cutting boards by wiping them down with apple cider vinegar.
13. Deodorise your armpits by applying some ACV with a cotton ball.
14. Unclog your drain by mixing half a cup of baking soda with one cup of ACV. Pour down your sink.
15. Soften your laundry by adding half a cup of ACV to your wash.
16. Kill your pet’s fleas by adding a tablespoon of ACV to their water or rubbing it into your pet’s skin.