There’s no shortage of skin and beauty brands that promise you will look younger, plumper, prettier and smoother if you use their products. However, nature has a way of supplying everything we need, and in the current environment where people are trying to reduce the toxins and chemicals they’re exposed too, now is as good a time as any to get into natural beauty products. And rosehip oil is the affordable, multi-tasking product you’ve been looking for.
Rosehip oil is an ingredient that has popped up in countless natural beauty products over the past couple of years. It’s a plant oil that’s extracted from the fruit or seeds of rosehips, a fruit that comes from rose bushes.
Rosehip oil can be used all over the body, on your face, in your hair to replenish shine and moisture, and on cuticles to promote strong, health nails. Rosehip oil is a bit of a cure-all, and can be applied topically by rubbing it between your hands and directly applying to hair, skin or nails. The benefits of using rosehip oil really are endless, but here’s a list 10 reasons why you should be using rosehip oil:
1. Rosehip oil is PH balanced and is suitable for every skin type, even sensitive skin.
2. Beauty brand Trilogy explains that Rosehip oil has a superfine consistency that is lighter and drier than other oils, and absorbs quickly into the skin for instant moisturisation.
3. Rosehip oil has a similar molecular structure to the oils found in human skin, meaning it can help regulate your skin’s oil production and reduce breakouts while nourishing and moisturising your skin.
4. A 2009 study commission by Trilogy found that certified organic rosehip oil can improve the colour of scars by 41 per cent and improve the appearance of scars by 27 per cent.
5. Rosehip oil contains essential fatty acids such as Oleic, Linoleic and Linolenic which support your skin’s natural regeneration process and encourages cell turnover, resulting in improved skin texture. Its nourishing and repairing properties for both skin and hair means it can be used on stretch marks, even during pregnancy and on babies’ skin
6. During World War II in Britain, people were encouraged to forage for Rosehips as they were an excellent source of Vitamin C. It’s this vitamin C content that makes rosehip oil target free radical damage and premature skin ageing, as well as pigmentation. It can help brighten and even out your skin tone when applied topically.
7. Rosehip oil is naturally rich in vitamin A in the form of Beta-Carotene, which makes it suitable for all skin types. A 2017 study on rosehips found that Vitamin A in this form works as a gentle antioxidant that can brighten skin tone and protect your skin from environmental damage.
8. It can reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
9. Rosehip oil is a potent substance which means minimal usage can yield maximum results. All you need is two to three drops once or twice a day. If your skin feels like a residue has been left behind by the oil once you’ve rubbed it in, you’ve probably used too much. That means more bang for your buck!
10. Rosehip oil is a natural source of vitamin E which is an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant that calms and hydrates dry and sensitive skin.
Affordable, easily accessible and natural, rosehip oil is the go-to solution for wrinkles, uneven skin tone, sagging, moisturisation, age-prevention and protection from free radicals and environmental damage. It doesn’t get much better than that!
You might also like: