The VEGEMITE Cookbook: Favourite recipes that TASTE LIKE AUSTRALIA is to be published on November 1, 2022, and we couldn't be more excited.
From Bolognese, breakfast muffins and roast beef with Vegemite gravy; to fresh ways to include Vegemite in soups, salads and stir-fries. It even brings a delicious twist to a batch of chocolate raspberry brownies!
Also included are stories and anecdotes from Vegemite's rich history as an Aussie icon.
Isabelle Yates, Head of Penguin Publishing Lab, said, "There are very few Australian brands that are as iconic as Vegemite's, so we feel proud and privileged to be publishing this joy-filled cookbook to celebrate Vegemite's centenary in style. It's sure to satisfy Vegemite lovers, young and old!"
"We're incredibly humbled that Australians have invited Vegemite into their homes since 1923," added Jacqui Roth, Vegemite's Marketing Manager. "What better way to honour our nation's icon than by releasing the VEGEMITE Cookbook to celebrate the many ways to enjoy Vegemite?"
Vegemite broke the news of a cookbook on Facebook today. It's safe to say that fans are looking forward to this cookbook release, with many tagging their friends and asking for it for Christmas.
"Breaking news. I might need this one!" said one commenter.
Another added: "Christmas present idea."
"I might celebrate my birthday in November this year, so someone can gift me this book," said another keen fan.
Others said they already use Vegemite in their cooking and highly recommend it.
"I still use my Peter Russell Clark Vegemite cookbook from the '80s."
"I actually include Vegemite when I make gravy. It's so good."
Preorder you copy of The VEGEMITE Cookbook: Favourite recipes that TASTE LIKE AUSTRALIA here.
Fun facts about Vegemite
- Vegemite gets filled into its jars hot.
- Whether you’re coeliac, low FODMAP, vegetarian, vegan or looking to reduce salt from your diet -
there’s a Vegemite product just for you.
- The ‘Happy Little Vegemite's’ song was written in 1954 by Alan Weekes.
- Vegemite is a versatile flavour and can be added to almost anything, including ice cream!
- Vegemite Squeezy was created to make cooking with VEGEMITE easier.
- Enjoy Vegemite as part of a balanced, varied diet and active lifestyle.
- Vegemite contains vitamins B1, B2, B3 and folate. B1 is essential for brain function. B2 supports your nervous system. B3 is essential for energy release and folate helps fight fatigue.