- Items sent within Australia using regular mail need to be in the big red box before December 17.
- Express post for next day delivery needs to be mailed by December 21, but is only next day delivery for applicable addresses, and if the item is lodged at the Post Office or yellow Express Street Posting Boxes.
- Express post will be delivering right up to Christmas eve.
- Letters to Santa should be mailed to Santa, North Pole, 9999 with a return name and address. To get a reply from Santa before Christmas Day, letters need to be sent before Friday December 14.
5 tips for mailing gifts
- Make sure the recipients address is printed clearly and boldly on the front of your item, with sender details clearly labelled on the back.
- Make sure gifts are packaged up safely, using bubble wrap or tissue paper for fragile items, and ensure everything is packed securely within boxes.
- Avoid black packaging and cylindrical containers. Lighter coloured boxes are best processed by Australia Post conveyer belts and sorting machines.
- Ensure the box you are using for a parcel is strong enough to withstand jostling and stacking.
- Don’t send money or gift cards in the mail.
You might also like: