• 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
• 1 leek, trimmed, white and pale green parts thinly sliced
• 1 tsp ground cumin
• 1⁄2 tsp sweet smoked paprika
• 250g baby spinach leaves
• Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
• 150g thick plain yoghurt
• 80g pine nuts, toasted
• 1⁄2 lemon
• Extra olive oil, to drizzle
• Lemon wedges, to serve (optional)
Heat oil in a medium saucepan over a medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add leek, cumin and paprika, then cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add spinach and cover, then cook, stirring occasionally, for a further 5 minutes or until wilted. Season and set aside to cool.
Drain spinach mixture and transfer to the bowl of a food processor or jug of a blender. Add yoghurt and 1⁄2 of the pine nuts. Process until a smooth mixture forms. Transfer to a serving bowl, squeeze over juice from lemon and scatter over remaining pine nuts. Drizzle with extra oil and serve with pita and lemon wedges, if using, on the side.