• 500g fresh ricotta
• 150g frozen spinach, thawed
• Pinch ground nutmeg
• 1 egg, lightly beaten
• 50g parmesan, grated
• ½ cup basil leaves, finely chopped
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
• 250g packet fresh cannelloni sheets
• 750g jar good-quality tomato-based pasta sauce
• 100g mozzarella, sliced
• Extra 20g parmesan,finely grated
• Basil leaves, to serve
• Focaccia, to serve
Preheat oven to 180°C. Combine ricotta, spinach, nutmeg, egg, parmesan and basil in a large bowl. Season.
Put 1 pasta sheet on work surface. Spoon ¹⁄³ cup of the ricotta mixture along 1 short end. Roll up to enclose filling. Repeat to make 12 rolls.
Divide ½ the tomato sauce between 4 small ovenproof ceramic baking dishes. Put 3 rolls in each, seam-side down, in a single layer. Top with remaining sauce. Cover with foil and put on a large oven tray.
Bake for 20 minutes. Scatter over mozzarella and extra parmesan. Cook, uncovered, for a further 20 minutes or until cheese melts and filling is hot.
Scatter over basil and serve with focaccia and salad.