• 1 Tbsp olive oil
• 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
• 4 pork and fennel sausages
• 8 eggs
• 1/4 cup thinly sliced marinated red capsicum
• 2 Tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
• 40g parmesan, finely grated
• 1/4 cup chopped baby spinach
• Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
• 1/3 cup grated mozzarella
• Baby rocket leaves, to serve
• Sliced baguette, to serve
Cook's tip: Plain beef, lamb or even chicken sausages would also work a treat in this versatile dish. This frittata can also be served cold as part of an antipasto platter or even as a healthy sandwich filling to pack into the kids’ school lunch boxes.
Put a non-stick ovenproof frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add oil and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion is soft.
Squeeze sausage filling from casings, in small 2cm pieces, directly into pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown.
Meanwhile, put eggs in a large bowl and whisk until smooth. Stir in capsicum, parsley, parmesan and spinach. Season with salt and pepper.
Preheat oven grill to high or oven to 250°C. Pour egg mixture over sausage and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until egg has almost set. Sprinkle over mozzarella and cook under hot grill or bake in oven for 3-5 minutes or until egg has set and cheese has lightly browned. Season with pepper. Cut into 4 wedges and serve with rocket and baguette on the side.