• 2 x 350g jars pitted Sicilian green olives
• 1 clove garlic, crushed
• 5 anchovies
• 1 Tbsp capers, drained
• ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
• ¹⁄³ cup Australian classic extra virgin olive oil
• 2 Tbsp lemon juice
• 1 small olive baguette, sliced, toasted
• Extra 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1 clove garlic, chopped
Note: Allow 15 minutes for cooling
Preheat oven to 200°C. Put olives, garlic, anchovies, capers, parsley, olive oil and lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth.
Drizzle baguette slices with extra oil and toast in oven for 10 minutes, turning slices halfway during cooking. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool completely.
Rub toasted baguette slices with garlic and serve with olive tapenade.