Add this one to your regular routine.
• 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
• 650g beef sausages, chopped into 2cm pieces
• 1 red onion, finely diced
• 6 rashers rindless bacon, cut into 1cm-thick strips
• 2 Tbsp tomato paste
• 2 tsp dried Italian herbs
• 125ml dry white wine
• 2 x 410g cans cherry tomatoes in juice
• 4 cups chicken stock
• 1⁄2 green capsicum, diced
• 1⁄2 red capsicum, diced
• 11⁄2 cups dried macaroni pasta
• 1 cup baby rocket leaves
• Shaved parmesan and basil leaves, to serve
Heat oil in a large, deep saucepan over a medium heat. Add sausages and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until
lightly browned and cooked through. Set aside on a plate lined with paper towel.
To same pan, add onion and bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion is soft. Add tomato paste, dried herbs and wine, stirring for 1 minute. Add canned tomatoes and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover with lid and simmer for 20 minutes.
Remove lid and stir in capsicums and macaroni. Cook covered, stirring every 2 minutes, for 10 minutes or until macaroni is al dente.
Remove pan from heat and stir in rocket. Serve with parmesan and basil.