Queenslanders are experiencing an increase in snake sightings.
Snake catchers in the northern state say they have seen a spike in snakes finding their way indoors as a result of the recent rain.
"There's been a lot of rain and cooler temperatures where snakes don't eat. And then as soon as it heats up they're hungry again," Snake catcher Julia Baker told ABC news.
There’s also a lot of baby snakes in the area.
"We've got a lot of baby snakes in the area because it's baby season. Whether they're pythons that have hatched from their eggs, or liveborn like the red bellies, just lots of babies," Julia added.
"Once they're born they go their own little way. Lots of them get picked up by the birds, [the] majority of them don't survive, but the ones that do they get in under doors and into gaps, they're trying to escape the heat as well and may be chasing a little gecko."
Whatever you do, don't try and catch the snake yourself, especially if you aren't sure what type of snake it is.
"They're purely defensive animals. If you corner them and try kill or capture them, especially inside the house, they can't kick or punch and there's only one thing they can do and it's bite you," snake catcher Max Jackson previously told ABC news.
"They're never going to hurt anyone if you leave it be. They're not aggressive animals, there won't be a snake that will chase you down the street."
Max recommends contacting a local and licenced snake catcher to have the snake relocated.
Snakebite dos and don'ts
Do try to note the colour, size, distinctive markings and patterns of the snake without putting yourself at risk. A positive identification will help medics get the correct anti-venom into the patient more quickly.
Do stop the spread of venom - bandage firmly, splint and immobilise. All the major medical associations recommend slowing the spread of venom by placing a folded pad over the bite area and then applying a firm bandage. It should not stop blood flow to the limb or congest the veins. Only remove the bandage in a medical facility, as the release of pressure will cause a rapid flow of venom through the bloodstream.
Do seek medical help immediately as the venom can cause severe damage to health or even death within a few hours.
Do NOT wash the area of the bite or try to suck out the venom. It is extremely important to retain traces of venom for use with venom identification kits.
Do NOT incise or cut the bite, or apply a high tourniquet. Cutting or incising the bite won't help. High tourniquets are ineffective and can be fatal if released.
Do NOT allow the victim to walk or move their limbs. Use a splint or sling to minimise all limb movement. Put the patient on a stretcher or bring transportation to the patient.