How many times have you reached into the dryer and pulled out a balled-up tangle of sheets that are dry on the outside and damp on the inside?
Uneven drying can be a common problem when it comes to large bulky items, but there are tricks you can try to help combat the laundry blues.
1. Avoid overloading your dryer with too many items. Everything should be kept loose and free to move.
2. Before you automatically shift a lump of washing into your tumble dryer, take a moment to shake out every item. This will get your drying off to a good start.
3. Keep buttons or poppers fastened on duvet covers before drying them. This stops pillowcases disappearing inside the covers.
4. Sort your laundry before cramming it into the dryer. Try washing and drying all of your large items together, like duvet covers, sheets and bath towels.
5. Help moving air freely through the dryer drum with a couple of dryer balls. If you don’t have any, tennis balls work just as well. They help to keep your laundry separate.
You might also like: