Finding a light and tasty snack is one of cooking’s Holy Grails. These toasties deliver – and more! Persian feta is a creamy, silky-textured cow’s milk cheese.
• 1 sourdough baguette
• 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 1 clove garlic
• 2 cups frozen baby peas
• 1⁄2 bunch mint leaves, finely chopped
• 1⁄2 bunch flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
• Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
• 120g Persian feta, crumbled
• 1⁄2 cup snow pea shoots
• 2 radishes, finely sliced
• Lemon wedges, to serve
Preheat a barbecue grill plate over a medium heat. Cut each baguette in 1⁄2 lengthways and then in 1⁄2 crossways to make 4 pieces. Brush with 1 Tbsp of the oil, then cook on grill until lightly blackened. Rub with garlic, then set aside.
Blanch peas in a saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes or until tender, then refresh in cold water. Transfer to a large bowl and crush with a fork. Add mint, parsley and remaining oil, mixing well to combine. Season with salt.
Spread pea mixture on baguette pieces, then top with feta, snow pea shoots and radish slices. Season generously with
pepper. Serve with lemon wedges.