• 2 tsp cumin seeds
• 2 tsp coriander seeds
• 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra, to drizzle
• 2 leeks, white part only, thinly sliced
• 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
• 6 carrots, sliced into 1cm-thick rounds
• 1 cup dried red lentils
• 1.5L vegetable stock
• 1⁄2 bunch silverbeet, trimmed, leaves thickly shredded
• Greek-style yoghurt, to dollop
• Coriander leaves, to garnish
• Lemon wedges and wholemeal bread rolls, to serve
Heat a large, wide heavy- based saucepan over a high heat. Add cumin and coriander seeds and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until lightly toasted and fragrant.
Add oil, leek and celery, stirring for 5 minutes or until soft. Add carrot, lentils and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally and skimming off any foam on the surface, for 30 minutes or until carrot is tender.
Stir in silverbeet and cook for a further 5 minutes or until silverbeet wilts. Spoon into serving bowls. Dollop with yoghurt and garnish with coriander. Serve with lemon wedges and rolls on the side.