TikTok user Chantel Mila has attracted over 200,000 followers with her videos on household hacks, tips and tricks. In one video, she says you can easily make your own kitchen spray that “cuts through grease and oil – and leaves your whole kitchen shining.”
Sharing the recipe with her followers, she adds: “This spray is suitable for most kitchen finishes, but if you have marble benchtops leave out the lemon juice as it may be too acidic.”
How to make DIY magic kitchen spray
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp dish soap to help remove grease and oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice or lemon essential oil
Mix all of the ingredients in a spray bottle, and voila, you’ve just made your own kitchen spray.
More DIY cleaning sprays
While you're at it, you might like to make up some more DIY cleaning solutions for your home, courtesy of Chantel.
- DIY floor cleaner recipe that will give you a streak-free finish. Chantel recently shared a DIY floor-cleaning hack that will make your floors sparkle, and people love it. Get the floor cleaner recipe.
- How to make a dust-repellent spray that works. No matter how much you dust, it's going to come back. Luckily, there are some things you can do to stretch out the time between dusting your furniture. One of them is to use a homemade dust-repellent spray, like this one.
- Two-ingredient ironing spray. There are two types of people in the world: people who hate ironing and those who love it. Some even go as far as ironing their bed sheets. If you’re in the first camp, trying this DIY ironing spray and avoid ironing for good.