• 10 ripe bananas, skins on
• 200g dark or milk chocolate, roughly chopped
• 500g crème fraîche
• 1 store-bought sponge cake, torn into chunks
• ½ cup dried banana chips
• 3 x 50g chocolate-coated honeycomb bars, roughly chopped or crumbled
• Extra dark or milk chocolate, finely grated, to serve
Preheat lidded barbecue to medium heat. Cut a slit lengthways down middle of each banana without cutting all the way through.
Divide chocolate between bananas, stuffing into opening. Wrap bananas in a layer of baking paper, then foil. Cook on barbecue, with lid down, for 8-10 minutes.
To assemble dish, spread 1/10 of the crème fraîche over surface of 1 servingplate. Put a few pieces of sponge cake and banana chips on top. Unwrap
1 banana and carefully spoon fruit out of its skin, then nestle it on top of sponge pieces. Sprinkle over a few chocolate-coated honeycomb pieces and a little of the extra grated chocolate. Repeat with remaining crème fraîche, sponge cake, banana chips, bananas, chocolate-coated honeycomb and extra chocolate. Serve.