• 2kg American-style pork ribs on the bone
• 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
• 2 Tbsp sea-salt flakes
• 11⁄2 Tbsp brown sugar
• 1⁄4 cup fennel seeds, crushed
• 11⁄2 Tbsp sweet smoked paprika
• 11⁄2 Tbsp garlic powder
• 1⁄8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
• 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Put ribs on a chopping board and spread with mustard. Combine salt, brown sugar, fennel, paprika, garlic powder and pepper in a bowl. Sprinkle over ribs, then rub into meat. Transfer ribs to a large zip-lock bag and seal. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, ideally 4 hours.
Preheat a chargrill pan over a medium heat. Brush ribs with oil. Grill ribs for 10 minutes on each side or until caramelised and cooked through.
Serve ribs with Fast Ed’s Barbecue Rib Sauce and Shredded Vegetable Salad (see recipes below), if you like.