• 6 medium beetroot, stalks removed
• Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
• 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
• ¹⁄³ cup extra virgin olive oil
• ½ clove garlic, crushed
• 80g pistachios, toasted, finely chopped
• 1 tsp caster sugar
• ½ bunch chives, leaves finely chopped
• 100g Greek-style feta, crumbled
Note: Allow 15 minutes cooling
Put beetroot in a large saucepan, then cover with water and season with salt. Bring to the boil and cook for 30 minutes or until beetroot is just tender. Drain, then set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
Peel beetroot and discard skin. Trim root edge from beetroot and discard. Cut beetroot into large wedges and put in a large bowl. Add vinegar and toss to coat.
Meanwhile, to make dressing, combine oil, garlic, pistachios, sugar and chives in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper and stir.
Arrange beetroot on a large serving platter or in a bowl. Scatter over feta and spoon over dressing to serve.