• Cooking oil spray, for greasing
• 2 sheets frozen shortcrust pastry, partially thawed
• 1 egg, beaten
• 3⁄4 cup canned sliced apples, drained, chopped
• 1 Tbsp plain flour
• 1⁄2 tsp ground cinnamon
• 2 tsp golden caster sugar
• 1⁄3 cup blueberries
• Extra 1 tsp golden caster sugar
• Vanilla bean ice-cream, to serve
Preheat oven to 190°C. Grease the holes of a 6-hole muffin tin.
Cut six 10cm circles from 11⁄2 sheets of the pastry. Cut a 25 x 6.5cm strip from remaining pastry and cut into 36 equal strips, each about 7 x 65mm.
Line muffin holes with pastry circles, pushing bases in well. Brush top edges with egg.
Combine apple, flour, cinnamon and sugar in a bowl and spoon into pastry cases. Top with blueberries.
Take 6 pastry strips and form a lattice to top 1 pie, weaving strips up and over. Press ends down onto edge of pie. Repeat with remaining pastry.
Brush lattice tops with egg and sprinkle over extra sugar. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden, then cool in tin for 2 minutes before turning out. Serve pies warm with vanilla-bean ice-cream.