- Create a pet profile: indicate your animal’s breed, sex, age and desex status. Include registration and microchip details.
- List your pet’s previous experience in rentals. Add any landlord references.
- Include vaccination, flea and worming schedules, and any tendency to make noise.
- Highlight certificates indicating pass marks in obedience tests or records of membership to any obedience or canine sports/activity clubs.
- Draw attention to the characteristics which make your furry housemate a good tenant.
- Include your veterinarian’s contact information. Mention any involvement you have with the pet industry or charity organisations.
- Ask your vet to endorse your pet’s resumé, and do include a photo.
- Look up pet resumé templates – try rent.com.au, rentwithpets.com.au and catprotection.org.au
Calling all pet-loving renters!
Put your companion’s best paw forward to secure your dream home, with a resumé highlighting your pal’s best qualities. Make your application go smoothly by following these CV tips.